Pittsburgh Area African Professional Organization (PAAPO) Seed Need-Based Education Scholarship
- Purpose: The Pittsburgh Area African Professional Organization (PAAPO) is a network of African Professionals in the Pittsburgh Region whose purpose is to provide a sense of community and diversity to its members and young adults of African origins. Annually PAAPO extends support to college students of African descent studying at educational higher institutions in the Pittsburgh area through the Seed Need-Based Scholarship .
- Application Submission Deadline : June 15 ( for August 15 Response) and October 15 ( For January 15 Response).
- Eligibility :
- Must be of African descent
- Must be in an institution of higher learning in the Pittsburgh, PA Region.
- Must have genuine need for financial assistance.
- Must have a 2.8 GPA from immediate previous semester or high school.
- Application Process: (Applications are received on a rolling basis and considered twice a year.
- Complete Scholarship application in its entirety
- Provide a statement of need/financial hardship which will include biographic educational and where possible career goals. ( Not more than 500 words typed).
- Provide official transcript for immediate semester prior to application submission or from High school( College freshmen only)
- Applicants must be enrolled in a higher educational institution and provide evidence in the year of the scholarship award. This is necessary prior to being awarded scholarship.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from one of the following: school administrator, advisors, or individual with significant knowledge of your life experience in the United States.
All scholarship application need to be completed online and all required documents needs to be uploaded.
Click Here to Register
Click here to Donate to our scholarship program