Students Mentorship Program
The main purpose of this program is to provide educational, professional, and even
life guidance to students as well as to help establish beneficial relationships
between Pittsburgh area African professionals and the regions’ African students.
Mentor and mentee meet casually (or formally) virtually or in-person for about one
to three hours every month for a period of 6 to 8 weeks renewable in order to
discuss various topics (academics, career, life goals, etc.).
- To connect PAAPO members with African students who are attending the Pittsburgh region’s colleges and universities
- To lend a listening ear to African students
- To help provide sound career and life advice and guidance to African students
- To help motivate and coach African students toward their academic and career goals
- To help mentees navigate society Eligibility
- Mentors must be PAAPO members or sympathizers thoroughly vetted by PAAPO
- Mentees must be African students attending institutions of higher education in the Pittsburgh region and referred to PAAPO by their school’s African
the student organization, their school’s international student office, or by any formally established higher education organization.
Mentor and mentee must each fill out and sign an interest/obligation form outlining
their understanding of the rules governing this mentoring program and their
This program is NOT
- A job placement program for African students in the Pittsburgh region
- A guaranteed job placement program
- A financial or material assistance program for mentees
- Benefits to students and anticipated impact, etc.
- Personal development.
- Career goal setting and achievement.
- Increased general skills and knowledge.
- Increased self-confidence
- A better understanding of societal and professional challenges, opportunities
and potential pitfall
For further information please contact us at email@example.com